Want to find the school calendar? Curious how to get into Seesaw? Need to find your child’s student ID number? Here’s all the answers you’ll need to navigate Forest View like a pro.
- Office: 919-560-3932
- Official website: https://www.dpsnc.net/domain/18
- Full teacher contact info directory: https://www.dpsnc.net/Page/1554
- Twitter: @FVfalcons
- What it is: All students need to have an updated medical form completed by their document yearly. You can email it to Principal Sledge (Felicia_Sledge@dpsnc.net) or drop it off at the front desk. These are due during the first few weeks of school!
- Where to find it: https://bit.ly/3pr3nCk
Powerschool Number (also known as your Student ID #)
- What it is: 10-digit code that connects to your student’s Powerschools account. This account allows you to see your student’s attendance record, their grades, school registration info, emergency contact info, etc. We suggest you keep it handy because you’ll be using it throughout the year. Note: Some documents or programs refer to this as your Student ID.
- Where to find it: You’ll receive a copy of this number from your teacher during Meet the Teacher Day on 8/26. If you’re unable to go, or lost your number please email your teacher or call the front desk at 919-560-3932.
- Powerschools Parent Website: https://dps.powerschool.com/public/
Bus Riders + Here Comes the Bus App:
- What it is: A free app that allows you to track your child’s bus in real time using GPS. Note: You’ll need your Powerschool number (Student ID) to log in using this app and the school code: 97034.
- Where to find it: https://www.dpsnc.net/Page/202
- Bus Rider Registration: Log into Powerschool’s portal or call the Forest View front desk for assistance. You can also email Dr. Farmer at email@example.com.
- Locating your student’s bus stop: https://bit.ly/2HoybxL (you’ll need your Powerschools number)
Volunteering at Forest View
- What it is: Any adults who wish to volunteer at school are required to submit a volunteer form every two years. DPS will then run a background check and once approved, you are free to volunteer. Make sure to let the PTA know you’d like a volunteer role by filling out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1LmAvCcKfb43L46fvgddJwVyLf3w0DC9Gs3_gC9sEXfM/edit
- Durham Public Schools Volunteer Form: https://ec.samaritan.com/recruiter/index.php?class=VolunteerRegistration&recruiterID=1343
School Breakfast and Lunch Information:
- Free/Reduced Lunch Program Registration:Eligible families should sign up here: https://www.lunchapplication.com/
- Pre-pay for your children’s lunch with the Lunch Payment App: https://bit.ly/3P1iiNH (District is “Durham Public Schools” when signing up)
- Use your student’s Powerschool number to add them to the app
- You can now set up recurring payments for school lunch balances
- Monthly Menus: https://www.dpsnc.net/Page/3674 (traditional school calendar)
2022-2023 Traditional School Year Calendar: https://bit.ly/3ztMxay
- Official School Hours: 7:45am – 2:15pm (students can enter the building at 7:30am. The bell rings at 7:45am and instruction will begin.)
Classroom Supply Lists: https://bit.ly/3cXy7b3
Seesaw Website + App
- What is it: A student and family app that all students, teachers and administrators in the school use. Families can download the app to access their students’ posted work, photos, updates from the classes, school-wide announcements, etc. You’ll also be able to communicate directly with your student’s teachers here. Expect to hear more during the first week of school.
- Link to app: https://app.seesaw.me/#/login
- Link to instructional video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1_mBy1EI0M