Our school raises money to support our classrooms and school community in a variety of ways, including:
1. A fall “Unfundraiser” campaign. This is the one and only time we invite our school community to give money. We raise approximately $15K each year through this effort.
2. Serving as volunteers at Duke Concessions for home football and basketball games. We receive a percentage of the stand profits. We average $10-13K per year because of volunteers.
3. Partnering with local businesses and restaurants like Elmo’s, Menchi’s and Moe’s for Dine Out programs.
4. Participating in Retail Rewards programs that allow us to earn points that go toward school supplies when we link our shopping to Forest View. Each year, our retail rewards fundraising brings in more than $2,500 in money and supplies for Forest View.
Here’s what’s coming up in the 2017-18 school year:
1. Fall 2017 Unfundraiser. The Funds for Forest View “UnFundraiser” kicks off in September. The UnFundraiser is the Forest View PTA’s one and only fundraiser for the school year. Instead of asking your family to sell or buy something, we ask you to contribute what you can, one time. Last year, we raised over $18,000, and we have raised more than $83,000 over the past 5 years. With this money, the PTA has purchased new technology, bought more books for the media center, supported the science lab and outdoor learning projects, and provided support for cultural arts programs for all of our students! Every student, teacher, and grade level benefits from your contribution. Whether you donate $5 or $500, your gift matters, and together, we will reach our goal for this year of $15,000!
Each year’s theme embodies the strong spirit of community that makes Forest View such a special place. In spite of the challenges our schools are facing, when we come together as a community we can accomplish a lot. To that end, in September every Forest View family will receive an invitation asking them to lend a hand to help make Forest View better than ever! We hope you will consider making a contribution to support Forest View.
There are three ways to make a tax-deductible donation:
You can fill out the form you will receive from school in your child’s folder and return it with your cash or check to your child’s teacher or to the front office.
You can donate online at https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/fundsforforestview (this is also a great option for out-of-town relatives that want to help). The site will go active once the campaign begins.
You can mail your contribution to Forest View. Make checks payable to Forest View PTA and mail to Jen Meldrum, PTA Treasurer c/o Forest View Elementary, 3007 Mt. Sinai Rd, Durham, NC 27705.
If you have any questions, please contact Dina Niblock at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a note for her in the front office. Thanks in advance for your support. Together, we make Forest View a great place for all of our students!
2. Duke Concessions. A list of games and to sign up will be posted shortly. This is a great way to meet other Forest View families!
- Save the date for Elmo’s Diner Forest View Day, TBD 10% of proceeds will be donated to FV all day (6:30am-10pm). Print this coloring sheet and bring it with you!
4. Retail Rewards.
HELP FOREST VIEW EARN FUNDS THROUGH YOUR EVERYDAY SHOPPING!
- Link your KROGER Rewards card each year starting on September 15th at the customer service desk. School Code: 92104 krogercommunityrewards.com
- Link your HARRIS TEETER VIC card each year starting on August 1st. Relink at customer service desk or at www.harristeeter.com. School code: 3720
- Every time you shop at OFFICE DEPOT mention at checkout, “I would like my purchase to benefit my school.” The cashier will look up Forest View and we get 5% of the sales to use on supplies. This is an ongoing program. School Code: 70060909
- Help FV with Amazon purchases
- Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice.
- Support Forest View by starting your shopping at Amazon Smile using the following link:
- BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION Place trimmed, valid (not expired!!) clippings in a single bag or envelope. Write the student’s name and class (or multiple names if siblings) on the outside. Drop off in marked bin in the media center. Every week there is a drawing on the Forest View news and the winner(s) get a prize. Bonus Box Tops through online shopping: Over 300 retailers will donate e-BoxTops to Forest View when you shop via the link at www.boxtops4education.com/marketplace.
- MY COKE REWARDS FOR EDUCATION turns points into cash for our school. Go to www.mycokerewards.com and sign on to your personal account to enter a maximum of 75 points per week (resets every Monday) and donate points to our school. We always need volunteers to help us enter the backlog of collected caps so please contact the PTA if you can help with this at-home project.
- TERRACYCLE Reduce waste and raise money for Forest View!
1. Please collect items at home and deposit them in the TERRACYCLE bin in the lobby.
2. Watch the weekly newsletter to see ITEM OF THE WEEK.
3. Send ONLY the item of the week to deposit in the TERRACYCLE BIN.”
Please collect the following:
- Aluminum drink pouches + straws (e.g. Capri Sun, Honest Kids)
- Smoothie/Applesauce pouches + caps (e.g. Gogo Squeeze, Earth’s Best, Ella’s Kitchen)
- Cereal bags
- Saran Wrap/Glad storage plastic ware
- Brita and PUR filters
- Entenmann’s Little Bites wrappers
- Old toothbrushes/floss containers/toothpaste tubes/mouthwash containers
- Cleaner packaging: caps, triggers
- Personal care packaging: hair care, skin care, cosmetic, deodorant
- Menchi’s Donations!
Just mention this promotion every Saturday, 12pm-8pm 20% of your purchase will be donated to Forest View Elementary School. Menchie’s Patterson place (only this location) 3604 witherspoon blvd., suite 109 919-402-0028.
(fundraisers do not apply to the purchase of gift cards and cannot be combined with any other offer.)