Our school raises money to support our classrooms and school community in a variety of ways, including:
1. A fall “Unfundraiser” campaign. The UnFundraiser is unique. Instead of asking families to sell or buy something, we ask each Forest View family to contribute what they can to support our school. Our goal is $20,000 this year. Every dollar helps.
2. Partnering with local businesses and restaurants like Elmo’s, Menchi’s and Moe’s for Dine Out programs.
3. Participating in Retail Rewards programs that allow us to earn points that go toward school supplies when we link our shopping to Forest View. Each year, our retail rewards fundraising brings in more than $2,500 in money and supplies for Forest View.
Here’s what’s coming up in the 2017-18 school year:
1. Fall 2017 Unfundraiser The Funds for Forest View “UnFundraiser” kicks off in September. The UnFundraiser is the Forest View PTA’s main fundraiser for the school year. Instead of asking your family to sell or buy something, we ask you to contribute what you can, one time. Last year, we raised over $16,000, and we have raised more than $99,000 over the past 5 years. With this money, the PTA has purchased new technology, bought more books for the media center, supported the science lab and outdoor learning projects, and provided support for cultural arts programs for all of our students! Every student, teacher, and grade level benefits from your contribution. Whether you donate $5 or $500, your gift matters, and together, we will reach our goal for this year of $20,000!
Each year’s theme embodies the strong spirit of community that makes Forest View such a special place. In spite of the challenges our schools are facing, when we come together as a community we can accomplish a lot. To that end, in September every Forest View family will receive an invitation asking them to lend a hand to help make Forest View better than ever! We hope you will consider making a contribution to support Forest View.
There are three ways to make a tax-deductible donation:
You can fill out the form you will receive from school in your child’s folder and return it with your cash or check to your child’s teacher or to the front office.
You can donate online at https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/fundsforforestview (this is also a great option for out-of-town relatives that want to help). The site will go active once the campaign begins.
You can mail your contribution to Forest View. Make checks payable to Forest View PTA and mail to Jen Meldrum, PTA Treasurer c/o Forest View Elementary, 3007 Mt. Sinai Rd, Durham, NC 27705.
If you have any questions, please contact Dina Niblock at email@example.com or leave a note for her in the front office. Thanks in advance for your support. Together, we make Forest View a great place for all of our students!
- Moe’s & Menchies Eat Out Night – September 14 Moe’s will donate 15% of sales profits from that evening. When you go through the line you can either tell the cashier you’re with Forest View and they will put the receipt into a separate pile or you can give them the flyer we created and they will add your receipt into the separate pile as well.Then head over to Menchie’s in also in Patterson Place and 20% of your purchase will be donated to Forest View Elementary School. Menchie’s Patterson place (only this location) 3604 Witherspoon blvd., suite 109, 919-402-0028. (fundraisers do not apply to the purchase of gift cards and cannot be combined with any other offer.)
- Great Clips – Sept. 30-Oct. 1, 2017
Great Clips donation days – 10% to be donated from cuts.
- Elmo’s Diner Forest View Day – October 3, 2017.
10% of proceeds will be donated to FV all day (6:30am-10pm).
3. Retail Rewards
HELP FOREST VIEW EARN FUNDS THROUGH YOUR EVERYDAY SHOPPING!
- Link your HARRIS TEETER VIC card each year starting on August 1st at the customer service desk or at www.harristeeter.com. School code: 3720
- Link your KROGER Rewards card each year starting on September 1st at the customer service desk or at krogercommunityrewards.com. School Code: 92104
- Every time you shop at OFFICE DEPOT mention Forest View at checkout and we will get 5% of the sales to use on supplies. School Code: 70060909
AMAZON SMILE When you shop online at Amazon make sure to go through our page PTA North Carolina Congress Forest View PTA so that we receive a portion (bookmark it now!)
BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION Place trimmed, valid (not expired!) clippings in a single bag or envelope. Write the student’s name and class (or multiple names if siblings) on the outside. Drop off in marked bin in the Media Center. Every week there is a drawing on the Forest View news and the winner(s) get a prize.
Bonus Box Tops
- Over 300 retailers will donate e-BoxTops to Forest View when you shop online via the link at www.boxtops4education.com/marketplace
- Download the Boxtops app to scan your receipt
COCA-COLA GIVES turns points into cash for our school.
- Go to https://us.coca-cola.com/give/
- Click ‘Donate to Your Local School’
- Login to school account – user name: firstname.lastname@example.org password: Falcons1
- Enter zip code (27705) to pull up Forest View
- Enter points found under caps and printed on boxes
TERRACYCLE Reduce waste and raise money for Forest View! Please collect at home the following items and deposit them in the TERRACYCLE bin in the lobby:
- Aluminum drink pouches + straws (e.g. Capri Sun, Honest Kids)
- Smoothie/Applesauce pouches + caps (e.g. Gogo Squeeze, Earth’s Best, Ella’s Kitchen)
- Cereal bags
- Brita and PUR filters
- Entenmann’s Little Bites wrappers
- Old toothbrushes/floss containers/toothpaste tubes/mouthwash containers
- Cleaner packaging: caps, triggers
- Personal care packaging: hair care, skin care, cosmetic, deodorant
New for 2017-2018 the only things collected at school are Boxtops and Terracycle items. Please no Coke caps, can tabs or other program clippings.
Last year we raised almost $900 from Box Tops and over $700 from grocery stores! Your participation really adds up and helps the PTA support Forest View teachers and students!!