PAAC @ Forest View, a PTA sub-committe
Engaging Falcon Families so we all soar higher!
PAAC stands for Parents of African American Children and ALL parents and guardians are welcome!
Our goals are to:
- Support a culture and climate at Forest View that supports the engagement of parents and guardians of Black students.
- Increase the number of parents and guardians of Black students that are in volunteer leadership roles at Forest View.
- Engage the Forest View community to address our educational disparity and eliminate any opportunity gaps.
We are looking for parents and/or guardians to pursue our mission and goals with us! PAAC also works closely with our Forest View Administration and Teachers to tackle the myriad issues Black students face during school and outside of school.
Some examples of what we plan to do are:
- “State of Black Students @ FVE”
- “Relax & Chat” Nights with Parents & Guardians
- Support Teachers and Educators by volunteering in the classroom
- Serve as speakers and/or help identify culturally diverse speakers
If you want to help engage Falcon families so we all soar higher contact us!
Tony Patterson, PTA Secretary & PAAC Committee Chair